In this article we will see how we can show a video file clip in MoviePy. MoviePy is a Python module for video editing, which can be used for basic operations on videos and GIF’s. A subclip is a section of a master (source) clip that you want to edit and manage separately in your project. You can use subclips to organize long media files. You work with subclips in a Timeline panel as you do with master clips. Trimming and editing a subclip is constrained by its start and end points. Clipping helps in overcome the the memory error occur while showing large video at a single time.
In order to do this we will use
subclipmethod with the VideoFileClip object
Syntax : clip.subclip(i, j)
Argument : It takes two integer argument which are starting and ending value in seconds
Return : It returns VideoFileClip object
Below is the implementation
Moviepy - Building video __temp__.mp4. Moviepy - Writing video __temp__.mp4 Moviepy - Done ! Moviepy - video ready __temp__.mp4
Moviepy - Building video __temp__.mp4. MoviePy - Writing audio in __temp__TEMP_MPY_wvf_snd.mp3 MoviePy - Done. Moviepy - Writing video __temp__.mp4 Moviepy - Done ! Moviepy - video ready __temp__.mp
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- MoviePy – Getting Width of Video File Clip
- MoviePy – Getting Height of Video File Clip
- MoviePy – Getting Original File Name of Video File Clip
- MoviePy – Getting Duration of Video File Clip
- MoviePy – Getting color of a Frame of Video Clip where cursor touch
- MoviePy – Getting Audio part from the Video File Clip
- MoviePy – Getting Start Time of Video File Clip
- MoviePy – Getting End Time of Video File Clip
- MoviePy – Getting Cut Out of Video File Clip
- MoviePy – Getting frame from Video File Clip
- MoviePy – Getting Size of Video File Clip
- MoviePy – Checking Mask of Video File Clip
- MoviePy - Lading Video File Clip
- MoviePy – Showing Video File Clip
- MoviePy –Saving Video File Clip
- MoviePy Composite Video - Setting starting time of single clip
- MoviePy – Adding Margin to Video File Clip
- MoviePy – Mirroring Video File Clip for x-axis
- MoviePy – Mirroring Video File Clip for y-axis
- MoviePy – FPS of Video File Clip
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.