This article contains a list of most asked questions from Operating Systems, Computer Networks and DBMS in the interviews of the top product based companies like Amazon, Microsoft, Flipkart, Paytm etc.
- Process Introduction
- Process Scheduling
- Process Synchronization & Deadlock
- Memory Management
- What is Cache?
- Where does cache lies in an Operating System?
- Difference between Cache and HashMap.
- Exlpain Demand paging and thrashing.
- What is Segmentation?
- In which memory, the laptop password is being saved?
- How will you analyze Out of memory exceptions in your application?
- Explain internal fragmentation and external fragmentation.
- Difference between the associative mapping and direct mapping in a cache.
- If RAM size is 4GB, if 4 processes of size 2GB are launched! What happens?
(Ans: This can be done using Virtual Memory)
- If process size is not limited by the size of main memory then what is its limitation?
(Ans: This can be done using Logical Address Space)
- Explain how memory location is accessed
- What is Paging and Why do we need Paging?
- What is a Page Table?
- What is TLB?
- Properties of RDBMS?
- ACID properties
- Keys in DBMS.
- Difference between Vertical and Horizontal Scaling.
- DML, DCL, DDL, TCL and their commands.
- Indexing in DBMS.
- What is normalization and de-normalization and why do we need it?
- Normal Forms
- Conflict Serializability
- Can Primary key contain two entities?
(Ans: No, there is one and only one primary key in any relationship. Refer this)
- Concurrency Control
- SQL queries (related to nested query).
- Insertion in B trees
- Types of JOIN in DBMS.
- Difference between INNER and OUTER JOIN.
- Write a SQL query to retrieve furniture from database whose dimensions(Width, Height, Length) match with the given dimension.
SELECT * FROM Furnitures WHERE Furnitures.Length = GivenLength AND Furnitures.Breadth = GivenBreadth AND Furnitures.Height = GivenHeight
- Print the second largest number in the table.
- Explain 3 tier architecture and 2 tier architectures.
- Write a SQL query to find the 4th maximum element from a table
- What is TCP?
- Name layers of the OSI Model with protocols belonging to the layers
- What is the significance of Data Link Layer
- What is Access Points APs model?
- What does the network layer do
- In which layer are the Routers?
- What are the different types of delays?
- Explain Firewalls?
- What are the different types of firewall?
- What does transport layer do
- IPv4 vs IPv6
- What is the difference b/w private IP and Public IP?
- Explain in detail 3 way Handshaking
- What is Cryptography and what are the Encryption Methods?
- What are the Application layer protocols?
- Explain DNS
- On entering a URL in a browser, explain the detailed procedure in which the request is handled by the browser and the result is obtained for the given search query.
- How will you create persistent connections between the server and the client?
- Explain server-side loadbalancer
- What is FTP? How is FTP different from Secure FTP?
- What is SMTP
- Explain the Working of HTTP and HTTPs.
- Where are ports?
- What Port numbers of different protocols
- How to prevent SYN DDoS attack?
This course will help you prepare topics like Operating System, DMBS, Computer Networks and SQL for interview in top-notch companies like Google, Microsoft, Amazon, etc. The course has pre-recorded premium lecture videos by Mr. Sandeep Jain and theoretical concepts designed by experts. The course also has objective questions for practice to provide the ultimate learning experience.
This is a self-paced course which implies that you can complete the course at your own pace!
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Commonly asked Computer Networks Interview Questions | Set 1
- Commonly asked DBMS interview questions | Set 2
- Commonly asked DBMS interview questions | Set 1
- Commonly Asked Operating Systems Interview Questions | Set 1
- SQL Interview Questions | Set 2
- SQL Interview Questions
- SQL Interview Questions | Set 1
- Advanced SQL Interview Questions
- C++ interview questions on virtual function and abstract class
- Difference between Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access
- Amazon Web Services(AWS) Interview Experience (On-Campus)
- Difference between Amazon Neptune and Amazon SimpleDB
- Difference between Amazon Redshift and Amazon SimpleDB
- Difference between Amazon DocumentDB and Amazon SimpleDB
- Difference between Amazon CloudSearch and Amazon SimpleDB
- Difference between Amazon DynamoDB and Amazon SimpleDB
- Difference between Amazon Aurora and Amazon SimpleDB
- Difference between Amazon Aurora and Amazon DocumentDB
- Difference between Amazon Drive and Amazon S3
- Practice questions on B and B+ Trees
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.