This article contains a list of most asked questions from Operating Systems, Computer Networks and DBMS in the interviews of the top product based companies like Amazon, Microsoft, Flipkart, Paytm etc.
- Process Introduction
- Process Scheduling
- Process Synchronization & Deadlock
- Memory Management
- What is Cache?
- Where does cache lies in an Operating System?
- Difference between Cache and HashMap.
- Exlpain Demand paging and thrashing.
- What is Segmentation?
- In which memory, the laptop password is being saved?
- How will you analyze Out of memory exceptions in your application?
- Explain internal fragmentation and external fragmentation.
- Difference between the associative mapping and direct mapping in a cache.
- If RAM size is 4GB, if 4 processes of size 2GB are launched! What happens?
(Ans: This can be done using Virtual Memory)
- If process size is not limited by the size of main memory then what is its limitation?
(Ans: This can be done using Logical Address Space)
- Explain how memory location is accessed
- What is Paging and Why do we need Paging?
- What is a Page Table?
- What is TLB?
- Properties of RDBMS?
- ACID properties
- Keys in DBMS.
- Difference between Vertical and Horizontal Scaling.
- DML, DCL, DDL, TCL and their commands.
- Indexing in DBMS.
- What is normalization and de-normalization and why do we need it?
- Normal Forms
- Conflict Serializability
- Can Primary key contain two entities?
(Ans: No, there is one and only one primary key in any relationship. Refer this)
- Concurrency Control
- SQL queries (related to nested query).
- Insertion in B trees
- Types of JOIN in DBMS.
- Difference between INNER and OUTER JOIN.
- Write a SQL query to retrieve furniture from database whose dimensions(Width, Height, Length) match with the given dimension.
SELECT * FROM Furnitures WHERE Furnitures.Length = GivenLength AND Furnitures.Breadth = GivenBreadth AND Furnitures.Height = GivenHeight
- Print the second largest number in the table.
- Explain 3 tier architecture and 2 tier architectures.
- Write a SQL query to find the 4th maximum element from a table
- What is TCP?
- Name layers of the OSI Model with protocols belonging to the layers
- What is the significance of Data Link Layer
- What is Access Points APs model?
- What does the network layer do
- In which layer are the Routers?
- What are the different types of delays?
- Explain Firewalls?
- What are the different types of firewall?
- What does transport layer do
- IPv4 vs IPv6
- What is the difference b/w private IP and Public IP?
- Explain in detail 3 way Handshaking
- What is Cryptography and what are the Encryption Methods?
- What are the Application layer protocols?
- Explain DNS
- On entering a URL in a browser, explain the detailed procedure in which the request is handled by the browser and the result is obtained for the given search query.
- How will you create persistent connections between the server and the client?
- Explain server-side loadbalancer
- What is FTP? How is FTP different from Secure FTP?
- What is SMTP
- Explain the Working of HTTP and HTTPs.
- Where are ports?
- What Port numbers of different protocols
- How to prevent SYN DDoS attack?
This course will help you prepare topics like Operating System, DMBS, Computer Networks and SQL for interview in top-notch companies like Google, Microsoft, Amazon, etc. The course has pre-recorded premium lecture videos by Mr. Sandeep Jain and theoretical concepts designed by experts. The course also has objective questions for practice to provide the ultimate learning experience.
This is a self-paced course which implies that you can complete the course at your own pace!
- Commonly asked Computer Networks Interview Questions | Set 1
- Commonly asked DBMS interview questions | Set 1
- Commonly asked DBMS interview questions | Set 2
- Commonly Asked Operating Systems Interview Questions | Set 1
- SQL Interview Questions
- SQL Interview Questions | Set 2
- SQL Interview Questions | Set 1
- Advanced SQL Interview Questions
- C++ interview questions on virtual function and abstract class
- Amazon Web Services(AWS) Interview Experience (On-Campus)
- Virtual Memory | Questions
- Practice questions on B and B+ Trees
- Sliding Window protocols Summary With Questions
- Computer Networks | Set 2
- Computer Networks | Set 11
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.