Morgan Stanley Interview | Set 13 (On-Campus)
I gave the Morgan Stanley aptitude test, here’s my experience.
So here’s how it went.
The test was for 200 marks 90 min duration without any breaks and you can attempt any sections in any order. The test was conducted on hackerrank.com.
50 marks algorithms, data structures and logical reasoning mcqs. There were 20 mcqs.
The logical reasoning mcqs were based on proving if a statement is correct and deriving relations.
The data structure mcqs consisted of graphs and trees. Questions were like given n leaves and m internal nodes what is the height of the tree, one on full binary tree height, BFS output for a given graph.
In Algorithms, we were mostly asked about time complexity .
Now for the coding section there were two questions.
1. Given a pseudo random string of length 26 with characters from a to z such that the indices are represented as 00, 01, … 26. And another string E which contains an encoded string based on the above indices like 000723… Derive the decoded string from the two. The constraint on E is that it could range till 10^8.
2. I don’t recall the exact question but here’s how it goes. Given a input such as
5 <- number of inputs
1 1 3 2 5
We should get the lexographically correct output in ascending order as
1 2 5 as output.
Some important points to note if you are coding in C language.
1. Pointer to pointer assignment causes segmentation fault at times in hacker rank. So
May or may not work.
2. The function atoi() does not work properly on hackerank and leads to buffer overflow so please implement your own.
General things to note
1. There are 15 test cases you need to pass. Out of which the first three are visible to you and the rest will be hidden.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.