Given a string S containing only Uppercase letters, the task is to find the minimum number of replacement of characters needed to get a string with all vowels and if we cannot make the required string then print Impossible.
Input: str = "ABCDEFGHI" Output: AOUDEFGHI There are already 3 Vowels present in the string A, E, I we just change B and C to O and U respectively. Input: str = "ABC" Output: IMPOSSIBLE
Approach: Since there are only 5 vowels A, E, I, O, U. So, If the string length is less than 5 it is always impossible.
For a string of length greater than equal to 5, it is always possible. Just iterate over each character and replace it with the vowel that doesn’t exists in the string. If the current character is a vowel and if it is not visited earlier then we will not change the character to the vowel. If all the vowels are already present from early then no need to change any character.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Modify string by removing vowels in between two consonants
- Modify the string by swapping continuous vowels or consonants
- Check if a string can be converted to another string by replacing vowels and consonants
- Modify Numpy array to store an arbitrary length string
- First X vowels from a string
- Reverse vowels in a given string
- Count the pairs of vowels in the given string
- Permutations of string such that no two vowels are adjacent
- Program to remove vowels from a String
- Remove consecutive vowels from string
- Replace all consonants with nearest vowels in a string
- Python | Count and display vowels in a string
- Print reverse string after removing vowels
- Check whether the vowels in a string are in alphabetical order or not
- Count the number of vowels occurring in all the substrings of given string
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.