In this era of digitization smart devices like smart phones, PDAs, TABLET PCs are coming at a very cheap rate, and this is making them accessible to common people. These smart devices have got many sensors in-built which keeps on collecting real-time data from time to time. These collected data can become handy and useful for many purposes. This approach of collecting information from crowd and analyzing the data and using it is called Mobile Crowd Sensing.
Suppose a mobile company wants to take a survey of signal strength across multiple zones or areas. They can just go place to place and measure the strength, but in large scale implementation it might not be an easy approach. So what they can do is start a Incentive Mechanism System based on Mobile Crowd Sensing or MCS.
They can develop a location based game. Interested users, who are interested in these will register their name and participate through playing the game. Incentives may be inform of Cash, Mobile Recharge and e-cash in wallet and etc., depending upon the terms and condition laid down by the company.
Why Incentives are Required ?
- Crowd of people who have taken part in these game will need to recharge and charge their smart devices, this means they will have to spend money behind these devices, but at the end if they wont gain anything, then they will not participate in this MCS methodology for which the company planned for.
- This will encourage more and more people to participate in this game and the survey will be more accurate and widespread, and the company might get data from the remotest of the places.
There are already many real-time implementation of Mobile Crowd Sensing systems like: Noise Tube, Signal Guru, Sensorly, SmartTrace and etc.
- Internet of Things Based on Compressive Sensing
- Mobile Internet Protocol (or Mobile IP)
- Core Defences Mechanism in Web Applications
- Initializing and Cache Mechanism in Linux Kernel
- Challenge Response Authentication Mechanism (CRAM)
- Challenge In Mobile Device
- Securing wireless and mobile devices
- Global Mobile Satellite System
- Traditional wireless mobile communication
- Introduction of Mobile Ad hoc Network (MANET)
- Types of Wireless and Mobile Device Attacks
- Send SMS updates to mobile phone using python
- Common Sense tips for Mobile Security for End Users
- Introduction to Xamarin | A Software for Mobile App Development and App Creation
- Getting Started with Cross-Platform Mobile Application using Flutter
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.