This is Ordinary least squares Linear Regression from sklearn.linear_module.
sklearn.linear_model.LinearRegression(fit_intercept=True, normalize=False, copy_X=True, n_jobs=1):
fit_intercept : [boolean, Default is True] Whether to calculate intercept for the model.
normalize : [boolean, Default is False] Normalisation before regression.
copy_X : [boolean, Default is True] If true, make a copy of X else overwritten.
n_jobs : [int, Default is 1] If -1 all CPU’s are used. This will speedup the working for large datasets to process.
In the given dataset, R&D Spend, Administration Cost and Marketing Spend of 50 Companies are given along with the profit earned. The target is to prepare ML model which can predict the profit value of a company if the value of its R&D Spend, Administration Cost and Marketing Spend are given.
To download dataset click here.
Code: Use of Linear Regression to predict the Companies Profit
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Important differences between Python 2.x and Python 3.x with examples
- Python | Set 4 (Dictionary, Keywords in Python)
- Python | Sort Python Dictionaries by Key or Value
- Python | Merge Python key values to list
- Reading Python File-Like Objects from C | Python
- Python | Add Logging to a Python Script
- Python | Add Logging to Python Libraries
- Python | Visualizing O(n) using Python
- Python | Index of Non-Zero elements in Python list
- Python | Convert list to Python array
- MySQL-Connector-Python module in Python
- Python - Read blob object in python using wand library
- Python | PRAW - Python Reddit API Wrapper
- twitter-text-python (ttp) module - Python
- Reusable piece of python functionality for wrapping arbitrary blocks of code : Python Context Managers
- Python program to check if the list contains three consecutive common numbers in Python
- Creating and updating PowerPoint Presentations in Python using python - pptx
- How to write an empty function in Python - pass statement?
- Operator Functions in Python | Set 2
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.