SimpleImputer is a scikit-learn class which is helpful in handling the missing data in the predictive model dataset. It replaces the NaN values with a specified placeholder.
It is implemented by the use of the SimpleImputer() method which takes the following arguments :
missing_values : The missing_values placeholder which has to be imputed. By default is NaN
stategy : The data which will replace the NaN values from the dataset. The strategy argument can take the values – ‘mean'(default), ‘median’, ‘most_frequent’ and ‘constant’.
fill_value : The constant value to be given to the NaN data using the constant strategy.
Code: Python code illustrating the use of SimpleImputer class.
Original Data :
[[12, nan, 34] [10, 32, nan] [nan, 11, 20]]
Imputed Data :
[[12, 21.5, 34] [10, 32, 27] [11, 11, 20]]
Remember: The mean or median is taken along the column of the matrix
- Missing data imputation with fancyimpute
- Working with Missing Data in Pandas
- How to handle alert prompts in Selenium Python ?
- Handle mouse events in Python - OpenCV
- Simple Linear-Regression using R
- Dockerizing a simple Django app
- Flask - (Creating first simple application)
- Create simple Blockchain using Python
- Simple Plot in Python using Matplotlib
- Simple Keyboard Racing with Python
- Python | Simple calculator using Tkinter
- Simple Chat Room using Python
- Python | Simple GUI calculator using Tkinter
- Creating a simple browser using PyQt5
- Python | Simple FLAMES game using Tkinter
- Python - Simple Port Scanner with Sockets
- Creating a simple machine learning model
- Python | Simple registration form using Tkinter
- Simple Port Scanner using Sockets in Python
- Python | Make a simple window using kivy
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : shrutiss48