MCQs: Mostly comprise the following types: find the output, definitions of basic C/C++ concepts.
Interview Round 1:
- Find the output:
str = “hello world\0”;
str[i] = str[i-1];
There was a very detailed discussion on this question for nearly twenty minutes. I think I kind of screwed this one. Basically, I had to explain how and why does a segmentation fault occurs.
- Suppose a linked list contains list of documents containing a particular word. You are given two such linked lists and you have to print names of all documents that contain both these words.
[I gave an algorithm based on the assumption that the list contains document names in sorted order]. I was also asked to write the code regarding this. This operation can be classified as (A and B), where A and B are the words and they have lists associated with them. He then moved on to more complicated cases such as (A and B or C and (not D)). Brackets may or may not be presented. I was only asked to give an algorithm corresponding to this.
- What are the steps that occur when you send an E-Mail. A detailed discussion was done regarding this wherein we also discussed about the layers of the OSI model, the protocol used for sending E-Mail, the layer to which it belongs to.
This article is compiled by Vikram Goyal. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
- Microsoft Interview experience for full time position of software engineer at Microsoft Ireland Research
- Microsoft Interview Interview Experience for Full Time
- Microsoft Interview | 17
- Microsoft Interview | Set 19
- Microsoft Interview | Set 24
- Microsoft Interview | 16
- Microsoft Interview | Set 37 (For SDE-1)
- Microsoft Interview for SDE-2
- Microsoft Interview | 13
- Microsoft Interview | Set 11
- Microsoft Interview | Set 10
- Microsoft Interview | 15
- Microsoft Interview | Set 26
- Microsoft Interview | Set 23
- Microsoft Interview | Set 22