Given the no. of working hours of N people individually to complete a certain piece of work. The task is to find the number of hours they will take when all work together.
Input: n = 2, a = 6.0, b = 3.0 Output: 2 Hours Input: n = 3, a = 6.0, b = 3.0, c = 4.0 Output: 1.33333 Hours
- If a person can do a piece of work in ‘n’ days, then in one day, the person will do ‘1/n’ work.
- Similarly If a person can do a piece of work in ‘m’ days, then in one day, the person will do ‘1/m’ work.
- So on…. for other persons.
So, total work done by N persons in 1 day is
1/n + 1/m + 1/p…… + 1/z
Where n, m, p ….., z are the number of days taken by each person respectively.
The result of the above expression will be the part of work done by all person together in 1 day, let’s say a / b.
To calculate the time taken to complete the whole work will be b / a.
Consider an example of two persons:
Time taken by 1st person to complete a work = 6 hours Time taken by 2nd person to complete the same work = 2 hours Work done by 1st person in 1 hour = 1/6 Work done by 2nd person in 1 hour = 1/2 So, total work done by them in 1 hour is => 1 / 6 + 1/ 2 => (2 + 6) / (2 * 6) => 8 / 12 So, to complete the whole work, the time taken will be 12/8.
Note: Here the input array contains hours, it can be days, minutes……so on.
- Minimum operations of the given type required to make a complete graph
- Minimum time required to fill a cistern using N pipes
- Time taken by two persons to meet on a circular track
- Number of ways to arrange 2*N persons on the two sides of a table with X and Y persons on opposite sides
- Changing One Clock Time to Other Time in Minimum Number of Operations
- Minimum time to reach a point with +t and -t moves at time t
- Time required to meet in equilateral triangle
- Minimum Players required to win the game
- Minimum number of operations required to reduce N to 1
- Minimum number of changes required to make the given array an AP
- Minimum number of palindromes required to express N as a sum | Set 2
- Minimum number of palindromes required to express N as a sum | Set 1
- Minimum number operations required to convert n to m | Set-2
- Minimum number of given operation required to convert n to m
- Minimum operations required to change the array such that |arr[i] - M| <= 1
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.