Given a String find the minimum number of reduce operations required to convert a given string into a palindrome. In a reduce operation, we can change character to a immediate lower value. For example b can be covered to a.
Input : abcd Output : 4 We need to reduce c once and d three times. Input : ccc Output : 0
The idea is simple. We traverse string from left and compare characters of left half with their corresponding characters in right half. We add difference between to characters to result.
This article is contributed by Sahil Srivastava. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Minimum cost to convert string into palindrome
- Convert the string into palindrome string by changing only one character
- Minimum number of given operations required to convert a string to another string
- Minimum given operations required to convert a given binary string to all 1's
- Minimum deletions from string to reduce it to string with at most 2 unique characters
- Minimum operations required to convert all characters of a String to a given Character
- Minimum cost to convert one given string to another using swap, insert or delete operations
- Reduce the string to minimum length with the given operation
- Minimum number of adjacent swaps to convert a string into its given anagram
- Minimum flips required to convert given string into concatenation of equal substrings of length K
- Minimize cost to convert given string to a palindrome
- Minimum operations required to convert a binary string to all 0s or all 1s
- Minimum steps to convert all top left to bottom right paths in Matrix as palindrome | Set 2
- Minimum cost to convert str1 to str2 with the given operations
- Sentence Palindrome (Palindrome after removing spaces, dots, .. etc)
- Count all palindrome which is square of a palindrome
- Minimum number of characters to be replaced to make a given string Palindrome
- Minimum removal of characters required such that permutation of given string is a palindrome
- Check if it is possible to convert one string into another with given constraints
- Convert vowels into upper case character in a given string