Given two integers A and B, the task is to convert A to B with minimum number of following operations:
- Multiply A by any prime number.
- Divide A by one of its prime divisors.
Print the minimum number of operations required.
Input: A = 10, B = 15
Operation 1: 10 / 2 = 5
Operation 2: 5 * 3 = 15
Input: A = 9, B = 7
Naive Approach: If prime factorization of A = p1q1 * p2q2 * … * pnqn. If we multiply A by some prime then qi for that prime will increase by 1 and if we divide A by one of its prime factors then qi for that prime will decrease by 1. So for a prime p if it occurs qA times in prime factorization of A and qB times in prime factorization of B then we only need to find the sum of |qA – qB| for all the primes to get minimum number of operations.
Efficient Approach: Eliminate all the common factors of A and B by dividing both A and B by their GCD. If A and B have no common factors then we only need the sum of powers of their prime factors to convert A to B.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Minimum number operations required to convert n to m | Set-2
- Minimum number of operations to convert a given sequence into a Geometric Progression
- Convert a number m to n using minimum number of given operations
- Number of steps to convert to prime factors
- Minimum number of operations required to reduce N to 1
- Minimum number of operations on an array to make all elements 0
- Minimum number of increment/decrement operations such that array contains all elements from 1 to N
- Minimum number of given operations required to reduce the array to 0 element
- Minimum number of operations on a binary string such that it gives 10^A as remainder when divided by 10^B
- Find minimum number of merge operations to make an array palindrome
- Minimum number of given operation required to convert n to m
- Find the minimum number of operations required to make all array elements equal
- Minimum absolute difference of a number and its closest prime
- Minimum number of operations to move all uppercase characters before all lower case characters
- Insert minimum number in array so that sum of array becomes prime
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.