Given values of A and B, find the minimum positive integer value of X that can be achieved in the equation X = P*A + P*B, Here P and Q can be zero or any positive or negative integer.
Input : A = 3 B = 2 Output : 1 Input : A = 2 B = 4 Output : 2
Basically we need to find P and Q such that P*A > P*B and P*A – P*B is minimum positive integer. This problem can be easily solved by calculating GCD of both numbers.
For A = 2 And B = 4 Let P = 1 And Q = 0 X = P*A + Q*B = 1*2 + 0*4 = 2 + 0 = 2 (i. e GCD of 2 and 4) For A = 3 and B = 2 let P = -1 And Q = 2 X = P*A + Q*B = -1*3 + 2*2 = -3 + 4 = 1 ( i.e GCD of 2 and 3 )
Below is the implementation of above idea .
- Minimum positive integer divisible by C and is not in range [A, B]
- Minimum positive integer to divide a number such that the result is an odd
- Print first k digits of 1/n where n is a positive integer
- Maximum positive integer divisible by C and is in the range [A, B]
- Minimum Possible sum of digits in a positive multiple of N
- Minimum number of changes such that elements are first Negative and then Positive
- Minimum numbers needed to express every integer below N as a sum
- Minimum integer such that it leaves a remainder 1 on dividing with any element from the range [2, N]
- Find the minimum sum of distance to A and B from any integer point in a ring of size N
- Ways to write N as sum of two or more positive integers | Set-2
- Number of Subarrays with positive product
- Find a positive number M such that gcd(N^M, N&M) is maximum
- Find smallest positive number Y such that Bitwise AND of X and Y is Zero
- Find n positive integers that satisfy the given equations
- Algorithm to generate positive rational numbers
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.