Given an integer N, the task is to find the minimum count of numbers which needs to be added to get N. (All such numbers must have 9 as one’s digit)
Input: N = 27
27 = 9 + 9 + 9
Input: N = 109
109 itself has 9 as one’s digit.
- Check the one’s digit of N, based on one’s digit the minimum count of numbers which needs to be added can be easily found.
- If one’s digit is 9: The answer will 1 as the number itself has 9 as its one’s place digit.
- If one’s digit is:
- 1: 9 has to be added 9 times i.e. (9 * 9 = 81).
- 2: 9 has to be added 8 times i.e. (9 * 8 = 72).
- 3: 9 has to be added 7 times i.e. (9 * 7 = 63).
- 4: 9 has to be added 6 times i.e. (9 * 6 = 54).
- 5: 9 has to be added 5 times i.e. (9 * 5 = 45).
- 6: 9 has to be added 4 times i.e. (9 * 4 = 36).
- 7: 9 has to be added 3 times i.e. (9 * 3 = 27).
- 8: 9 has to be added 2 times i.e. (9 * 2 = 18).
- 0: 9 has to be added 10 times i.e. (9 * 10 = 90).
- Observation here is that only the minimum multiple count for all the cases above mentioned have to be added. This is because say for one’s digit as 4, all 9 (one’s place) from 6 numbers can be used and the result can be subtracted from N say it is M. Now, M will have 0 in one’s place. So, just use 5 numbers as 9 and sixth number as (M + 9).
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Puzzle | Place numbers 1 to 9 in a Circle such that sum of every triplet in straight line is 15
- Minimum elements to be added in a range so that count of elements is divisible by K
- Minimum value to be added to X such that it is at least Y percent of N
- Minimum edges to be added in a directed graph so that any node can be reachable from a given node
- Minimum number to be added to all digits of X to make X > Y
- Find the minimum number to be added to N to make it a prime number
- Find the minimum number to be added to N to make it a power of K
- Minimum value of X that can be added to N to minimize sum of the digits to ≤ K
- Sum of first N natural numbers with all powers of 2 added twice
- Minimize sum of prime numbers added to make an array non-decreasing
- Remove minimum numbers from the array to get minimum OR value
- In-Place Algorithm
- Total number of ways to place X and Y at n places such that no two X are together
- Find the unit place digit of sum of N factorials
- Check whether product of digits at even places is divisible by sum of digits at odd place of a number
- Ways to place 4 items in n^2 positions such that no row/column contains more than one
- Find total no of collisions taking place between the balls in which initial direction of each ball is given
- Number of ways to place two queens on a N*N chess-board
- Place Value of a given digit in a number
- Count ways to place all the characters of two given strings alternately
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.