Given an integer element ‘N’, the task is to find the minimum number of operations that need to be performed to make ‘N’ equal to 1.
The allowed operations to be performed are:
- Decrement N by 1.
- Increment N by 1.
- If N is a multiple of 3, you can divide N by 3.
Input: N = 4
4 – 1 = 3
3 / 3 = 1
The minimum number of operations required is 2.
Input: N = 8
8 + 1 = 9
9 / 3 = 3
3 / 3 = 1
The minimum number of operations required is 3.
- If the number is a multiple of 3, divide it by 3.
- If the number modulo 3 is 1, decrement it by 1.
- If the number modulo 3 is 2, increment it by 1.
- There is an exception when the number is equal to 2, in this case the number should be decremented by 1.
- Repeat the above steps until the number is greater than 1 and print the count of operations performed in the end.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Minimum number of operations required to reduce N to 0
- Minimum number of given operations required to reduce the array to 0 element
- Count the number of operations required to reduce the given number
- Reduce N to 1 with minimum number of given operations
- Count operations of the given type required to reduce N to 0
- Minimum number operations required to convert n to m | Set-2
- Minimum number of operations required to delete all elements of the array
- Minimum number of operations required to obtain a given Binary String
- Minimum number of steps required to obtain the given Array by the given operations
- Find the minimum number of operations required to make all array elements equal
- Minimum steps required to reduce all the elements of the array to zero
- Reduce a number to 1 by performing given operations | Set 2
- Min number of operations to reduce N to 0 by subtracting any digits from N
- Minimum operations required to change the array such that |arr[i] - M| <= 1
- Min operations to reduce N by multiplying by any number or taking square root
- Minimum operations required to make two numbers equal
- Minimum no. of operations required to make all Array Elements Zero
- Minimum operations required to convert X to Y by multiplying X with the given co-primes
- Minimum operations required to make all the array elements equal
- Minimum operations required to make the string satisfy the given condition
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.