Given two strings S and T of equal length. Both strings contain only the characters ‘0’ and ‘1’. The task is to find the minimum number of operations to convert string S to T. There are 2 types of operations allowed on string S:
- Swap any two characters of the string.
- Replace a ‘0’ with a ‘1’ or vice versa.
Input: S = “011”, T = “101”
Swap the first and second character.
Input: S = “010”, T = “101”
Swap the first and second character and replace the third character with ‘1’.
Approach: Find 2 values for the string S, the number of indices that have 0 but should be 1 and the number of indices that have 1 but should be 0. The result would be the maximum of these 2 values since we can use swaps on the minimum of these 2 values and the remaining unmatched characters can be inverted i.e. ‘0’ can be changed to ‘1’ and ‘1’ can be changed to ‘0’.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Time Complexity: O(N)
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- Minimum operations required to convert a binary string to all 0s or all 1s
- Minimum given operations required to convert a given binary string to all 1's
- Minimum number of operations required to sum to binary string S
- Minimum number of subsequences required to convert one string to another
- Minimum number of subsequences required to convert one string to another using Greedy Algorithm
- Minimum operations required to make the string satisfy the given condition
- Minimum swaps required to convert one binary string to another
- Minimum cuts required to convert a palindromic string to a different palindromic string
- Minimum reduce operations to convert a given string into a palindrome
- Minimum number of swaps required to make the string K periodic
- Minimum changes required to make first string substring of second string
- Minimum number of operations on a binary string such that it gives 10^A as remainder when divided by 10^B
- Minimum number of adjacent swaps to convert a string into its given anagram
- Convert string X to an anagram of string Y with minimum replacements
- Operations required to make the string empty