Given a string str. The task is to count the minimum number of elements to be removed so that pairwise consecutive elements are same
Input : str = “11344”
Remove the digit 3 from 3rd place so that the string becomes 1144. Thus pairwise two consecutive elements are same. Hence answer is 1.
Input : str = “55553”
Output : 1
Remove the digit 3 from the 5th place so that the string becomes 5555. Thus pairwise two consecutive elements are same. Hence answer is 1.
Approach: Check if the current two consecutive elements are same or not. If yes then increment the index by 2 and keep checking till all the elements get traversed. Else increment the index by 1 and count by 1.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Minimum number of elements to be removed to make XOR maximum
- Minimum number of elements that should be removed to make the array good
- Find the minimum number of elements that should be removed to make an array good
- Minimum elements to be removed such that sum of adjacent elements is always odd
- Minimum elements to be removed such that sum of adjacent elements is always even
- Product of all pairwise consecutive elements in an Array
- Modulus of all pairwise consecutive elements in an Array
- Absolute Difference of all pairwise consecutive elements in an array
- Python | Number of elements to be removed such that product of adjacent elements is always even
- Minimum number of digits to be removed so that no two consecutive digits are same
- Replace array elements by sum of next two consecutive elements
- Maximum number of consecutive 1's in binary representation of all the array elements
- Check if the elements of stack are pairwise sorted
- Find the winner by adding Pairwise difference of elements in the array until Possible
- Find the length of the Largest subset such that all elements are Pairwise Coprime
- Minimum sum of the elements of an array after subtracting smaller elements from larger
- Minimum elements to be added in a range so that count of elements is divisible by K
- Merge first two minimum elements of the array until all the elements are greater than K
- Minimum number of moves to make all elements equal
- Minimum number of operations on an array to make all elements 0
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.