Given a string str of lowercase characters, the task is to find the minimum number of characters that need to added to the string in order to make it balanced. A string is said to be balanced if and only if the number of occurrences of each of the characters is equal.
Input: str = “geeksforgeeks”
Add 2 ‘g’, 2 ‘k’, 2 ‘s’, 3 ‘f’, 3 ‘o’ and 3 ‘r’.
Input: str = “abcd”
The string is already balanced.
Approach: In order to minimize the additions required, every character’s frequency must be made equal to the frequency of the element occurring most frequently. So first, create a frequency array and find the frequency of all the characters of the given string. Now, the required answer will be the sum of the absolute differences of the frequency of every character with the maximum frequency from the frequency array.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Insert minimum parantheses to make string balanced
- Minimum number of bracket reversals needed to make an expression balanced | Set - 2
- Minimum number of bracket reversals needed to make an expression balanced
- Minimum number of deletions to make a string palindrome
- Minimum number of deletions to make a string palindrome | Set 2
- Minimum number of swaps to make two binary string equal
- Minimum number of swaps required to make the string K periodic
- Minimum number of Appends needed to make a string palindrome
- Minimum number of replacements to make the binary string alternating | Set 2
- Minimum number of characters to be removed to make a binary string alternate
- Minimum changes required to make first string substring of second string
- Number of balanced bracket expressions that can be formed from a string
- Number of ways to partition a string into two balanced subsequences
- Minimum changes to a string to make all substrings distinct
- Count minimum swap to make string palindrome
- Minimum cost to make a string free of a subsequence
- Minimum operations required to make the string satisfy the given condition
- Minimum swaps to make two strings equal by swapping only with third string
- Minimum swaps required to make a binary string divisible by 2^k
- Minimum characters to be added at front to make string palindrome
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.