Given N points on the plane, ( X1, Y1 ), ( X2, Y2 ), ( X3, Y3 ), ……, ( XN, YN ). The task is to calculate the minimum length of the shorter side of the triangle. and the path or points to place an isosceles triangle with any two sides of the triangle on the coordinate axis ( X axis and Y axis ) to cover all points.
Note: A point is covered if it lies inside the triangle or on the side of the triangle.
Input: (1, 3), (1, 1), (2, 1), (2, 2)
Output: Length -> 4 , Path -> ( 1, 4 ) and ( 4, 1 )
Input: (1, 2), (1, 1), (2, 1)
Output: Length -> 3 , Path -> ( 1, 3 ) and ( 3, 1 )
In the first example, the minimum length of the shortest path is equal to the maximum sum of the points, which is 1+3 or 2+2. So the path which will cover all the points is (1, 4) and (4, 1) on the coordinate axis.
Below is the step by step algorithm to solve this problem:
- Initialize ‘N’ points on a plane.
- Traverse through each point and find the sum of each point and store it in a variable ‘answer’.
- Replace the next maximum sum of the points with the previous sum.
- Then you will get the path on a coordinate axis ( 1, answer ) and ( answer, 1 ) which will cover all the points of isosceles triangle.
Below is the implementation of above algorithm:
Length -> 5 Path -> ( 1, 5 )and ( 5, 1 )
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Shortest path from source to destination such that edge weights along path are alternatively increasing and decreasing
- Minimum Sum Path in a Triangle
- Find the length of the median of a Triangle if length of sides are given
- Shortest path in a Binary Maze
- Create a Graph by connecting divisors from N to M and find shortest path
- Minimum and maximum possible length of the third side of a triangle
- Biggest Reuleaux Triangle within a Square which is inscribed within a Right angle Triangle
- Biggest Reuleaux Triangle inscribed within a Square inscribed in an equilateral triangle
- Program to print a Hollow Triangle inside a Triangle
- Maximum path sum in a triangle.
- Maximum sum of a path in a Right Number Triangle
- Maximum path sum in an Inverted triangle | SET 2
- Length of remaining two sides of a Triangle from a given side and its adjacent angles
- Area of Triangle using Side-Angle-Side (length of two sides and the included angle)
- Convert the undirected graph into directed graph such that there is no path of length greater than 1
- Minimum height of a triangle with given base and area
- Minimum Cost Path to visit all nodes situated at the Circumference of Circular Road
- Minimum changes required to make each path in a matrix palindrome
- Program to find Length of Bridge using Speed and Length of Train
- Length of the chord the circle if length of the another chord which is equally inclined through the diameter is given