Given N points on the plane, ( X1, Y1 ), ( X2, Y2 ), ( X3, Y3 ), ……, ( XN, YN ). The task is to calculate the minimum length of the shorter side of the triangle. and the path or points to place an isosceles triangle with any two sides of the triangle on the coordinate axis ( X axis and Y axis ) to cover all points.
Note: A point is covered if it lies inside the triangle or on the side of the triangle.
Input: (1, 3), (1, 1), (2, 1), (2, 2)
Output: Length -> 4 , Path -> ( 1, 4 ) and ( 4, 1 )
Input: (1, 2), (1, 1), (2, 1)
Output: Length -> 3 , Path -> ( 1, 3 ) and ( 3, 1 )
In the first example, the minimum length of the shortest path is equal to the maximum sum of the points, which is 1+3 or 2+2. So the path which will cover all the points is (1, 4) and (4, 1) on the coordinate axis.
Below is the step by step algorithm to solve this problem:
- Initialize ‘N’ points on a plane.
- Traverse through each point and find the sum of each point and store it in a variable ‘answer’.
- Replace the next maximum sum of the points with the previous sum.
- Then you will get the path on a coordinate axis ( 1, answer ) and ( answer, 1 ) which will cover all the points of isosceles triangle.
Below is the implementation of above algorithm:
Length -> 5 Path -> ( 1, 5 )and ( 5, 1 )
- Minimum Sum Path in a Triangle
- Shortest path from source to destination such that edge weights along path are alternatively increasing and decreasing
- Shortest path in a Binary Maze
- Maximum path sum in a triangle.
- Maximum path sum in an Inverted triangle | SET 2
- Maximum sum of a path in a Right Number Triangle
- Minimum height of a triangle with given base and area
- Convert the undirected graph into directed graph such that there is no path of length greater than 1
- Minimum length of square to contain at least half of the given Coordinates
- Rectangle with minimum possible difference between the length and the width
- Biggest Reuleaux Triangle within a Square which is inscribed within a Right angle Triangle
- Biggest Reuleaux Triangle inscribed within a Square inscribed in an equilateral triangle
- Program to find Length of Bridge using Speed and Length of Train
- Length of the chord the circle if length of the another chord which is equally inclined through the diameter is given
- Shortest distance between a point and a circle
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.