Given an integer N, the task is to find the minimum possible integer X such that X % M = 1 for all M from the range [2, N]
Input: N = 5
61 % 2 = 1
61 % 3 = 1
61 % 4 = 1
61 % 5 = 1
Input: N = 2
Approach: Find the lcm of all the integers from the range [2, N] and store it in a variable lcm. Now we know that lcm is the smallest number which is divisible by all the elements from the range [2, N] and to make it leave a remainder of 1 on every division, just add 1 to it i.e. lcm + 1 is the required answer.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Largest number less than or equal to Z that leaves a remainder X when divided by Y
- Largest number by which given 3 numbers should be divided such that they leaves same remainder
- Smallest subarray whose product leaves remainder K when divided by size of the array
- Minimum positive integer divisible by C and is not in range [A, B]
- Find Quotient and Remainder of two integer without using division operators
- Count subarrays such that remainder after dividing sum of elements by K gives count of elements
- Smallest number to make Array sum at most K by dividing each element
- Minimum decrements to make integer A divisible by integer B
- Minimum number of operations on a binary string such that it gives 10^A as remainder when divided by 10^B
- Smallest number dividing minimum number of elements in the Array
- Smallest number dividing minimum number of elements in the array | Set 2
- Biggest integer which has maximum digit sum in range from 1 to n
- Find an integer in the given range that satisfies the given conditions
- Maximum positive integer divisible by C and is in the range [A, B]
- Count of index pairs in array whose range product is a positive integer
- Smallest integer > 1 which divides every element of the given array
- Find an integer X which is divisor of all except exactly one element in an array
- Sum of (maximum element - minimum element) for all the subsets of an array.
- Minimum positive integer value possible of X for given A and B in X = P*A + Q*B
- Minimum distance between the maximum and minimum element of a given Array
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.