Given a binary array, we can flip all the 1 are in the left part and all the 0 to the right part.Calculate the minimum flips required to make all 1s in left and all 0s in right.
Input: 1011000 Output: 1 1 flip is required to make it 1111000. Input : 00001 Output : 2 2 flips required to make it 10000.
We have discussed a bitmask based solution in below post. Minimum flips to make all 1s in left and 0s in right | Set 1 (Using Bitmask)
It can be done with O(N) time complexity (where N – number of bits) and O(N) extra memory
- Calculate number of flips of ‘0’ needed to be done while moving from left to right to have all ‘1’ in bits.
- Calculate number of flips of ‘1’ needed to be done while moving from right to left to have all ‘0’ in bits.
- Traversing through all positions between bits and find minimal sum of ‘0’-flips+’1′-flips from both arrays.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Minimum flips to make all 1s in left and 0s in right | Set 1 (Using Bitmask)
- Minimize flips required to make all shortest paths from top-left to bottom-right of a binary matrix equal to S
- Count minimum right flips to set all values in an array
- Minimum flips required to form given binary string where every flip changes all bits to its right as well
- Minimum elements to change so that for an index i all elements on the left are -ve and all elements on the right are +ve
- Minimum Group Flips to Make Binary Array Elements Same
- Minimum number of flips with rotation to make binary string alternating
- Min flips of continuous characters to make all characters same in a string
- Number of flips to make binary string alternate | Set 1
- Rotate all odd numbers right and all even numbers left in an Array of 1 to N
- Find Bit whose minimum sequence flips makes all bits same
- Minimum flips required in a binary string such that all K-size substring contains 1
- Minimum Subarray flips required to convert all elements of a Binary Array to K
- Minimum flips required to keep all 1s together in a Binary string
- Minimum bit flips such that every K consecutive bits contain at least one set bit
- Count of Array elements greater than all elements on its left and next K elements on its right
- Count of Array elements greater than all elements on its left and at least K elements on its right
- Minimum flips required to generate continuous substrings of 0’s and 1’s
- Minimum flips in two binary arrays so that their XOR is equal to another array
- Minimum flips in a Binary array such that XOR of consecutive subarrays of size K have different parity
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.