Given integers N, P and Q where N denotes the destination position. The task is to move from position 0 to position N with minimum cost possible and print the calculated cost. All valid movements are:
- From position X you can go to position X + 1 with a cost of P
- Or, you can go to the position 2 * X with a cost of Q
Input: N = 1, P = 3, Q = 4
Move from position 0 to 1st position with cost = 3.
Input: N = 9, P = 5, Q = 1
Move from position 0 to 1st position with cost = 5,
then 1st to 2nd with cost = 1,
then 2nd to 4th with cost = 1,
then 4th to 8th with cost = 1,
finally 8th to 9th with cost = 5.
Total cost = 5 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 5 = 13.
Approach: Instead of going from beginning to destination we can start moving from the destination to initial position and keep track of the cost of jumps.
- If N is odd then the only valid move that could lead us here is N-1 to N with a cost of P.
- If N is even then we calculate cost of going from N to N/2 position with both the moves and take the minimum of them.
- When N equals 0, we return our total calculated cost.
Below is the implementation of above approach:
- Minimum cost to reach end of array array when a maximum jump of K index is allowed
- Minimum Cost Path with Left, Right, Bottom and Up moves allowed
- Find the minimum cost to reach destination using a train
- Minimum cost to reach the top of the floor by climbing stairs
- Minimum cost to convert str1 to str2 with the given operations
- Minimum cost to sort strings using reversal operations of different costs
- Minimum cost for acquiring all coins with k extra coins allowed with every coin
- Minimum time to reach a point with +t and -t moves at time t
- Minimize Cost with Replacement with other allowed
- Counts paths from a point to reach Origin
- Number of steps required to reach point (x,y) from (0,0) using zig-zag way
- Minimum step to reach one
- Connect n ropes with minimum cost
- Minimum cost to fill given weight in a bag
- Minimum Cost to cut a board into squares
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.