Suppose A is at position (0, 0) of a 2-D grid containing ‘m’ rows and ‘n’ columns. His aim is to reach the bottom right point of this grid traveling through as minimum number of cells as possible.
Each cell of the grid contains a positive integer that defines the number of cells A can jump either in the right or the downward direction when he reaches that cell.
Find the minimum no of cells that need to be touched in order to reach bottom right corner.
Input : 2 4 2 5 3 8 1 1 1 Output : So following two paths exist to reach (2, 2) from (0, 0) (0, 0) => (0, 2) => (2, 2) (0, 0) => (2, 0) => (2, 1) => (2, 2) Hence the output for this test case should be 3
Following is a Breadth First Search(BFS) solution of the problem:
- Think of this matrix as tree and (0, 0) as root and apply BFS using level order traversal.
- Push the coordinates and no of jumps in a queue.
- Pop the queue after every level of tree.
- Add the value at cell to the coordinates while traversing right and downward direction.
- Return no of cells touched while jumping when it reaches bottom right corner.
Time Complexity : O(n)
Auxiliary Space : O(n)
This article is contributed by Kshitiz Gupta. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Minimum cells required to reach destination with jumps equal to cell values
- Find if a 2-D array is completely traversed or not by following the cell values
- Minimum jumps to reach last building in a matrix
- Minimum cost to reach from the top-left to the bottom-right corner of a matrix
- Number of shortest paths to reach every cell from bottom-left cell in the grid
- Minimum Numbers of cells that are connected with the smallest path between 3 given cells
- Minimum moves taken to move coin of each cell to any one cell of Matrix
- Check if cells numbered 1 to K in a grid can be connected after removal of atmost one blocked cell
- Sum of cost of all paths to reach a given cell in a Matrix
- Minimum steps required to convert X to Y where a binary matrix represents the possible conversions
- Minimum distance to the corner of a grid from source
- Count of cells in a matrix whose adjacent cells's sum is prime Number
- Minimum cells to be flipped to get a 2*2 submatrix with equal elements
- Maximum of all distances to the nearest 1 cell from any 0 cell in a Binary matrix
- Maximum path sum that starting with any cell of 0-th row and ending with any cell of (N-1)-th row