Given three points of a regular polygon( n > 3), find the minimum area of a regular polygon (all sides same) possible with the points given .
Input : 0.00 0.00 1.00 1.00 0.00 1.00 Output : 1.00 By taking point (1.00, 0.00) square is formed of side 1.0 so area = 1.00 .
One thing to note in question before we proceed is that the number of sides must be at least 4 (note n > 3 condition)..
Here, we have to find the minimum area possible for a regular polygon, so to calculate minimum possible area, we need calculate required value of n . As the side length is not given, so we first calculate circumradius of the triangle formed by the points. It is given by the formula
R = abc / 4A
where a, b, c are the sides of the triangle formed and A is the area of the traingle. Here, the area of triangle can be calculated by Heron’s Formula .
After calculating circumradius of the triangle, we calculate the area of the polygon by the formula
A = nX ( sin(360/n) xr2 /2 )
Here r represents the circumradius of n-gon ( regular polygon of n sides ) .
But, first we have to calculate value of n . To calculate n we first have to calculate all the angles of triangle by the cosine formula
cosA = ( b2+c2-a2 ) / 2bc
cosB = ( a2+c2-b2 ) / 2ac
cosC = ( a2+b2-c2 ) / 2ab
Then, n is given by
n = pi / GCD (A , B, C )
where A, B and C are the angles of the triangle . After calculating n we substitute this value to the formula for calculating area of polygon .
Below is the implementation of the given approach :
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Area of a polygon with given n ordered vertices
- Program to find Area of Triangle inscribed in N-sided Regular Polygon
- Area of largest Circle inscribe in N-sided Regular polygon
- Find area of the larger circle when radius of the smaller circle and difference in the area is given
- Calculate Volume, Curved Surface Area and Total Surface Area Of Cylinder
- Minimum height of a triangle with given base and area
- Find minimum area of rectangle with given set of coordinates
- Rotate a polygon by given degrees in p5.js
- Middle of three using minimum comparisons
- Minimum tiles of sizes in powers of two to cover whole area
- Minimum area of square holding two identical rectangles
- Program to find the Perimeter of a Regular Polygon
- Sum of internal angles of a Polygon
- How to discretize an Ellipse or Circle to a Polygon using C++ Graphics?
- Check if right triangle possible from given area and hypotenuse
- Maximum of smallest possible area that can get with exactly k cut of given rectangular
- Area of hexagon with given diagonal length
- Find area of parallelogram if vectors of two adjacent sides are given
- Find area of triangle if two vectors of two adjacent sides are given
- Maximum area of rectangle possible with given perimeter
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : AnkitRai01