Given an array of n elements perform, we need to minimize array sum. We are allowed to perform below operation any number of times.
- Choose any two elements from the array say A and B where A > B and then subtract B from A.
Input : 1 arr = 1 Output : 1 There is no need to apply the above operation because there is only a single number that is 1. Hence, the minimum sum of the array is 1. Input : 3 arr = 2 4 6 Output : 6 Perform the following operations:- subtract 2 from 4 then the array becomes 2 2 6 subtract 2 (at 2nd position) from 6 the array becomes 2 2 4 subtract 2 (at 2nd position) from 4 the array becomes 2 2 2 Now the sum of the array will be 6.
Approach : After applying all the operations, all the values in the given array will be equal otherwise we can still choose two numbers A and B such that A > B and can reduce the sum further. Value of each element after applying all the operation will be equal to gcd of the array i.e. ans.
Therefore, minimum possible sum will be equal to n * ans.
Below is the implementation of above approach:
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- Minimum sum of the elements of an array after subtracting smaller elements from larger
- Maximum difference between two elements such that larger element appears after the smaller number
- Minimizing array sum by applying XOR operation on all elements of the array
- Delete array elements which are smaller than next or become smaller
- Make all elements of an Array equal by adding or subtracting at most K
- Find elements larger than half of the elements in an array
- Count of array elements which is smaller than both its adjacent elements
- Count of smaller or equal elements in sorted array
- Count of smaller elements on right side of each element in an Array using Merge sort
- Rearrange array such that even index elements are smaller and odd index elements are greater
- Count smaller elements on right side and greater elements on left side using Binary Index Tree
- Minimum cost to make array size 1 by removing larger of pairs
- Count smaller elements on right side using Set in C++ STL
- Count smaller elements on right side
- Find the element before which all the elements are smaller than it, and after which all are greater
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.