Given an integer N, below operations can be performed any number of times on N:
- Multiply N by any positive integer X i.e. N = N * X.
- Replace N with square root of N (N must be an integer) i.e. N = sqrt(N).
The task is to find the minimum integer to which N can be reduced with the above operations.
Input: N = 20
We can multiply 20 by 5, then take sqrt(20*5) = 10, this is the minimum number that 20 can be reduced to with the given operations.
Input: N = 36
Take sqrt(36). Number 6 can’t be reduced further.
- First factorize the number N.
- Say, 12 has factors 2, 2 and 5. Only the factors that are repeating can be reduced with sqrt(n) i.e. sqrt(2*2) = 2.
- The numbers appearing only once in the factors cannot be further reduced.
- So, the final answer will be the product of all the distinct prime factors of number N
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Print matrix after applying increment operations in M ranges
- Sort an array after applying the given equation
- Minimize the sum of digits of A and B such that A + B = N
- Minimize the sum of the array according the given condition
- Minimize the cost of buying the Objects
- Minimize sum by dividing all elements of a subarray by K
- Remove an element to minimize the LCM of the given array
- Minimize the absolute difference of sum of two subsets
- Minimize the cost to split a number
- Minimize the number by changing at most K digits
- Minimize the cost of partitioning an array into K groups
- Minimize the maximum minimum difference after one removal from array
- Minimize the sum of the squares of the sum of elements of each group the array is divided into
- Minimize the number of steps required to reach the end of the array | Set 2
- Minimize sum of adjacent difference with removal of one element from array
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.