Given an integer N, the task is to find two positive integers A and B such that A + B = N and the sum of digits of A and B is minimum. Print the sum of digits of A and B.
Input: N = 16
(10 + 6) = 16 and (1 + 0 + 6) = 7
is minimum possible.
Input: N = 1000
(900 + 100) = 1000
Approach: If N is a power of 10 then the answer will be 10 otherwise the answer will be the sum of digits of N. It is clear that the answer can not be smaller than the sum of digits of N because the sum of digits decreases whenever a carry is generated. Moreover, when N is a power of 10, obviously the answer can not be 1, so the answer will be 10. Because A or B can not be 0 as both of them must be positive numbers.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Minimize the number by changing at most K digits
- Numbers of Length N having digits A and B and whose sum of digits contain only digits A and B
- Check whether product of digits at even places is divisible by sum of digits at odd place of a number
- Maximize the given number by replacing a segment of digits with the alternate digits given
- Count of numbers between range having only non-zero digits whose sum of digits is N and number is divisible by M
- Count of numbers upto N digits formed using digits 0 to K-1 without any adjacent 0s
- Count numbers in given range such that sum of even digits is greater than sum of odd digits
- Find the average of k digits from the beginning and l digits from the end of the given number
- Minimum number of digits to be removed so that no two consecutive digits are same
- Numbers with sum of digits equal to the sum of digits of its all prime factor
- Smallest number with given sum of digits and sum of square of digits
- Check if the sum of digits of number is divisible by all of its digits
- Sum of the digits of square of the given number which has only 1's as its digits
- Minimize the sum of the array according the given condition
- Minimize the value of N by applying the given operations
- Minimize difference after changing all odd elements to even
- Minimize cost to Swap two given Arrays
- Minimize the non-zero elements in the Array by given operation
- Minimize the maximum difference between the heights
- Minimize the cost to split a number