Given an integer N ≥ 2, you can split the number as a sum of k integers i.e. N = k1 + k2 + … + kn where each kth element is ≥ 2 then the cost of splitting is calculated as maxDiv(k1) + maxDiv(k2) + … + maxDiv(kn) where maxDiv(x) is the maximum divisor of x which is < x.
The task is to split the number in such a way that the cost is minimized, print the minimized cost in the end.
Input: N = 6
6 can be represented as (3 + 3) and the cost will be 1 + 1 = 2.
Input: N = 5
- When n is prime then the cost will be 1 as we don’t have to split n and the greatest divisor of n less than itself will be 1.
- If n is odd and n – 2 is prime then n can be split into (2 + prime) which will cost 1 + 1 = 2.
- If n is even then the cost will be 2 as according to Goldbach’s conjecture, every even number greater than 2 can be expressed as sum of two primes which is proven till 4 * 1018.
- If all of the above conditions are not satisfied then n must be odd now and if 3 is subtracted from n then it will become even which can be expressed as (3 + even) = (3 + prime + prime) which will cost 3.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Minimize the cost of buying the Objects
- Minimize the cost of partitioning an array into K groups
- Minimize the number of replacements to get a string with same number of 'a', 'b' and 'c' in it
- Number of ways to split a binary number such that every part is divisible by 2
- Minimize the number by changing at most K digits
- Minimize the number of steps required to reach the end of the array | Set 2
- Split the array into odd number of segments of odd lengths
- Minimum cost to form a number X by adding up powers of 2
- Split the number into N parts such that difference between the smallest and the largest part is minimum
- Number of ways a convex polygon of n+2 sides can split into triangles by connecting vertices
- Prime points (Points that split a number into two primes)
- Split a number into 3 parts such that none of the parts is divisible by 3
- Minimize the sum of digits of A and B such that A + B = N
- Minimize the value of N by applying the given operations
- Minimize the sum of the array according the given condition
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.