Given two integers X and Y, and two values cost1 and cost2, the task is to convert the given two numbers equal to zero at minimal cost by performing the following two types of operations:
- Increase or decrease any one of them by 1 at cost1.
- Increase or decrease both of them by 1 at cost2.
Input: X = 1, Y = 3, cost1 = 391, cost2 = 555
Reduce Y to 1 using the first operation twice and convert both X and Y from 1 to 0 using the second operation.
Hence, the total cost = 391 * 2 + 555 = 1337.
Input: X = 12, Y = 7, cost1 = 12, cost2 = 7
Reduce X to 7 using first operation and then convert both X and Y to 0 using the second operation.
Hence, the total cost = 12 * 5 + 7 * 7 = 109
The most optimal way to solve the problem is:
- Reduce the maximum of X and Y to the minimum by using first operation. This increases the cost by abs(X – Y) * cost1.
- Then, reduce both X and Y to 0 using the second operation. This increase the cost by minimum of (X, Y) * cost2.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Time Complexity: O(1)
Auxiliary Space: O(1)
- Minimum cost to convert str1 to str2 with the given operations
- Minimize the cost to split a number
- Minimize Cost with Replacement with other allowed
- Minimize the cost of buying the Objects
- Minimize cost to Swap two given Arrays
- Minimize the cost of selecting two numbers whose product is X
- Minimize the cost of partitioning an array into K groups
- Minimize cost to color all the vertices of an Undirected Graph
- Minimize cost to color all the vertices of an Undirected Graph using given operation
- Minimize the cost to make all the adjacent elements distinct in an Array
- Minimize Cost to sort a String in Increasing Order of Frequencies of Characters
- Minimize the value of N by applying the given operations
- Minimize operations required to obtain N
- Minimum cost to reach a point N from 0 with two different operations allowed
- Minimum Cost to make all array elements equal using given operations
- Minimum cost to convert given string to consist of only vowels
- Minimum cost required to convert all Subarrays of size K to a single element
- Convert N to M with given operations using dynamic programming
- Minimum number operations required to convert n to m | Set-2
- Minimum prime number operations to convert A to B