Given a string str, the task is to minimize the sum of ASCII values of each character of str after removing every occurrence of a particular character.
Input: str = “geeksforgeeks”
‘g’ occurs twice -> 2 * 103 = 206
‘e’ occurs 4 times -> 4 * 101 = 404
‘k’ occurs twice -> 2 * 107 = 214
‘s’ occurs twice -> 2 * 115 = 230
‘f’ occurs once -> 1 * 102 = 102
‘o’ occurs once -> 1 * 111 = 111
‘r’ occurs once -> 1 * 114 = 114
Total sum = 1381
In order to minimize the sum, remove all the occurrences of ‘e’ from the string
And the new sum becomes 1381 – 404 = 977
Input: str = “abcd”
- Take the sum of all ASCII values in the given string.
- Also store the occurrences of each of the character of the string.
- Remove every occurrence of the character which is contributing the maximum value to the sum i.e. whose occurrence * ASCII is maximum.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- Minimize the length of string by removing occurrence of only one character
- Replace every character of string by character whose ASCII value is K times more than it
- Map every character of one string to another such that all occurrences are mapped to the same character
- Sums of ASCII values of each word in a sentence
- Average of ASCII values of characters of a given string
- Map function and Dictionary in Python to sum ASCII values
- Convert a string to hexadecimal ASCII values
- Program to print ASCII Value of a character
- Print each word in a sentence with their corresponding average of ASCII values
- Count the number of words having sum of ASCII values less than and greater than k
- Check if a string contains only alphabets in Java using ASCII values
- Program to find the XOR of ASCII values of characters in a string
- Count characters in a string whose ASCII values are prime
- Find the sum of the ascii values of characters which are present at prime positions
- Program to find the product of ASCII values of characters in a string
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.