Mindtree Interview Experience for Software Engineer (C1) Role (Off-Campus)
Mindtree is the child organization of Larsen & turbo.
There were three rounds in the process-
Round 1(Written Test): It consists of coding, verbal, logical, and quants questions. The assessment duration was 120 minutes. The coding section was divided into three levels. Each level has two coding questions. You can only use the languages Java, C, and C++.
- Implementation (50 marks for each question)
- DS/Algorithm (75 marks for each question)
- Advance Algorithm (100 marks for each question)
From the coding section, you have to attempt one question each from any two of the coding sections.
There were around 15 questions from each verbal, logical, and quantitative aptitude in the first round. You can navigate between two sections.
Round 2(TR Round): It was of around 35 minutes. It differs from candidate to candidate. The interview was powered by WeCP (We Create Problems). Both Interviewer and interviewee can write on this platform. The questions that were asked to me are listed below-
- Tell me about yourself
- Do you know object-oriented programming concepts and why is it used?
- Elaborate on all the concepts related to OOP with real-life examples.
- Can you code an example of run-time polymorphism and compile-time polymorphism?
- WAP to reverse words in a given string.
- WAP to check whether an array is a subarray of another array.
- WAP to calculate LCM of two numbers.
- The last question was a puzzle and the problem statement was —->Suppose you go to market with 15 rupees for buying chocolates. For each one rupee, you can buy a chocolate and if you collect three wrappers of chocolates you can collect 1 chocolate in place of these three wrappers. Now tell me the maximum number of chocolates that you can buy from these 15 rupees.
- Any questions for me?
I got the invitation mail for the HR round within 24 hours of the TR round.
Round 3(HR Round): It was of around 15 minutes. The questions are listed below:
- Tell me about yourself.
- Tell me about your internship and project which you have worked on during the internship as I mentioned my internship in the answer to the first question.
- What do you know about Mindtree?
- Do you have an offer letter?
- What are your hobbies?
- What was your project in your final year and how many members were there in the group?
- How did you divide your work into your major project?
- Do you any active backlog?
- Any questions for me.
- In the first round, try to solve coding questions which have higher marks.
- During TR if you cannot, hit the logic of the asked coding question, ask for some hints.
- Do not stick to a question for a very long time.
- Do not try to give the wrong answer with full confidence simply say sorry Sir, I don’t know or I am not able to recall the concept.
- When they offer you to ask a question, at last, ask them about their experiences in the company so far or ask them what can I improve with my skillset.
Be confident and All the Best!!!!!
Hey geek! It’s time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!