Microsoft’s most asked interview questions
Like other product-based companies, Microsoft also asks data structures and algorithms as part of their technical interview. Below is a list of questions prepared from different Microsoft interview experiences.
Most Asked Questions
- Check if a Binary Tree is BST or not – Practice here
- Remove duplicates from a string, do it in-place – Practice here
- Given a rotated array which is sorted search for an element in it – Practice here
- Given two linked lists that represent two big numbers (numbers that can not be stored in an int or long long int), write a function that adds the numbers and store the result in a third list.
- Variations of above question like subtract two numbers or multiply two numbers represented by linked lists. – Practice here
- Print last 10 lines of a big file or big string.
- Clone a linked list with next and arbitrary (or random) pointer
- Connect nodes at same level. Practice here.
- Least common ancestor of a binary tree or a binary search tree
- Test case questions like test an ATM.
- Run length encoding. – Practice here
- Detect cycle in a linked list. Practice here.
- Given a sorted array of size n. Each element in array is unique and lies from 1 to n+1. Find the missing element. Write code and test cases for the same. – Practice here
- Check if a binary tree is balanced.
- Validate a given IP address
- Why do you want to join Microsoft?
- Two of the nodes of a BST are swapped. Correct the BST
- Draw a circle without floating point arithmetic
- Microsoft’s most frequently asked interview questions | Set 2
- Microsoft Interview Preparation
- Microsoft Interview Experiences
- Microsoft Practice Questions
- Top topics for Interview Preparation
- Recent Microsoft Interview Experiences
My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up
Please Login to comment...