Microsoft Interview | Set 37 (For SDE-1)
1) Print the last n lines of a file (Hint : treat it like a linked list)
2) Length encoding –
Input: aaabbc Output: a3b2c1
F2F round 1:
1) Given a few points in first quadrant – (x1,y1) …..(xn,yn) and given another set of points (a1,b1…..an,bn), determine whether all the points (a1,b1…an,bn) have already occured in (x1,y1)…..xn,yn)
2) Given a graph where every two nodes are either friends or enemies with each other. Find a way to go from one node to the other.
1) You can also travel from one node to next if they are friends with each other
2) You have some “magic potions”. You can convert an enemy path to a friend path with a magic potion.
Find the path with min number of magic potions required.
F2F round 2:
1) Discuss one good, one bad feature of facebook. How you will redesign it to improve it?
2) Implement auto complete.
3) Given numbers a1…an find the minimum index, whose element occurs twice in the array. Do it in one pass of the array ( or less that O(n) if possible?)
e.g 3 2 4 4 2
Output : 1 (is the lowest Index) since, ‘2’ repeats twice.
Return the element that repeats at the earliest in the array. Output: 4
F2F round 3:
With GM. General discussions about projects/work culture/goals.
I got a call after two days that I’ve been selected. Many thanks to geeksforgeeks.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Hey geek! It’s time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!