Round 1: (1 h)
- Q1. Design a Garbage collector like java. How would you detect depended reference loop?
Hist : Class design, Cycle detection algorithms for disjoint graph( List of connected graph)
- Q2. Find an element in a sorted rotated array in O(logn ) complexity.
Round 2:(1.h 15min)
- Q1. Given a sorted array having duplicate elements,how would you find first index of a given element in O(logn).
Write code for it. Change the condition to find out last index of that elements.
[ Hint Binary search]
- Q2. You have a dictionary of words. Given a word, print all anagram are in dictionary . State the data structure to be used to solve this problem.
- Q3. Design a Chip-Encryption system. Which will do following operation:
- Take a word from user
- Encrypt the word by some Private or public key cryptography or any other algo.
- Transmit the encrypted word by TCP or UDp or SSL.
- Design the class diagram using OOD. Which design pattern you are using to achieve this.
Round 3:(1.h 15min)
- Q1. In a plane n points (X and Y) is given. How will you find out maximum co-liner points. Extend this algorithms. it for point(x,y,z) in 3D plane.
- Q2. Reverse a 32-bit integers. write code for it.
- Q3. What the different issue in multi-threading ? What is the difference between mutex and semaphore.
- Q4. You have a file with million words in it. Find most frequent 10 word in that file. Node that you can store all word in memory.
(Note : Min-Heap + List )
Round 4 :
Skipped … 🙂
Round 5( 2h 30 min)
- Q1. You are given a Text, where all space, full stop and all punctuation mark is removed. You want to reconstruct the text by putting spaces between words.
A dict is given and following API is also given.
- Decide if the text can be converted a sentence with valid words or NOT.
- Find how many way you can do the reconstruction of the text.
- Find what is the minimum number of space can be used for this reconstruction.
- For case (c) find out the indexes where you suppose to put a space.
- Now recover the text to sentence in place .
- 1. Why Greedy technique will not work for this?
- 2. yes ! Backtracking will work, what is the problem of using backtracking ?
- 3. Illustrate and explain how the solution is contracted from the Dynamic table ?
- 4. Write the correct working code for (c),(d),(e).
- Q2. Given a BST, find out the minimum length form root to leaf with sum S. Note that:
- Path from root to leaf node.
- Sum of node of the path is S
- if multiple such path exist, print minimum length path.
- What is advantage of BST rather than BT used for this algorithm, how it improve the performance. in BST, is it required to explore both side ?
- Write working codes for it.
Status: Selected ! (The interview call was for SDE-I, but they offer me for SDE -II(L61) position)
Many many congratulations to the author. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
- Microsoft Interview experience for full time position of software engineer at Microsoft Ireland Research
- Microsoft Interview Interview Experience for Full Time
- Microsoft Interview | Set 37 (For SDE-1)
- Microsoft Interview | 12
- Microsoft Interview | Set 11
- Microsoft Interview | 14
- Microsoft Interview | Set 26
- Microsoft Interview | Set 10
- Microsoft Interview | Set 24
- Microsoft Interview | Set 23
- Microsoft Interview | Set 22
- Microsoft Interview | Set 21
- Microsoft Interview | Set 19
- Microsoft Interview for SDE-2
- Microsoft Interview | 13