Microsoft Interview | Set 11
Company – STB team, Microsoft IDC.
Location – Hyderabad.
- A quick introduction.
- Few questions on multi-threading like –
…a. What is race condition?
…b. What is critical section?
- Write a code to find out longest substring without any repetition of characters with O(n) complexity.
Ex. String - abcdefghaxyzpbn Output string - bcdefghaxyzp
- Two linked lists are merged at one point. Find the merging node.
- A quick introduction
- Few project related questions mentioned in resume.
- If you have huge log file, you need to print last ‘n’ lines from the log file. Write a code for it assuming regular file read operations.
He was also expecting that the page hit is minimum.
I had provided a solution which would read the file one by one and then will store it in a ‘n’ size circular linked list.
- If you have a m*n floor, find out a ‘k’ size square tile which will take care of filling the complete floor without breaking of tile.
Use GCD logic.
- A quick introduction and he also asked what was asked in previous interviews.
- We have a m*n matrix, every element in row is in increasing order and every element in column is in increasing order. Find out a position of element ‘k’ from the matrix with O(m+n) complexity. Write a code for it.
- We have a ‘n’ steps and a ball which take either 1 step at a time or 2 steps at a time. Find out the number of possible ways it covers exactly ‘n’ steps.
This article is compiled by Girish. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google , E-Litmus and Microsoft Test Serieses.