Round 1 : (1hr 15 min)
Online test on CoCubes contains 3 Coding Questions
- Find the number of times “carry” is 1 while performing addition on two numbers
Input: 56 99 Output: 3
- Given an array of integers, shift all the numbers that are ‘-ve’ to the left and ‘+ve’ to the right ‘in-place’ (maintain the order of all the -ve numbers same as of the given array and the order of all the +ve numbers same as of the given array )
Input: 10 7 -5 9 -12 15 Output: -5 -12 10 7 9 15
- Find the sum of all nodes that have no child at minimum level. Return -1 if root is NULL
Input: (Root of the tree is passed into the function) 5 / \ 2 6 /\ /\ 7 3 9 4 / \ 8 3 Output: 14 (7+3+4)
Around 65 students were selected to Round2
Round 2 : Group Fliers(around 45 min)
- We have to take ‘n’ polynomials as input and we had to write functions for
Sort(P), Add(P1,P2), Sub(P1,P2), Multiply(P1,P2)
(Implemented Sort function according to the indices of the polynomial and all the functions optimized by space and time)
Around 28 students got selected for technical interview
Round 3 : Technical Interview(around 40-45 min)
- Tell about yourself
- What are the courses you have done?
- Suppose you have details of some stock market(Day & price were given), you will earn profit only if you buy stocks cheaper than the amount you sell them for.Write a program to find maximum profit that could be attained (using only one loopO(n) time and O(1) space)
Input: Day : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Price: 60 10 5 12 8 40 9 Output: 35 (40-5)
- Difference between Processes & Threads?
- Suppose there is a sorted array and you are given the array by rotating k units.Find k by writing a program (O(logn) time)
Input: 5 6 7 1 2 3 4 Output: 3(3 rotations happened)
Round 4 : HR INTERVIEW(around 30 min) (On skype)
- Tell about yourself
- Previous intern experience and the details of the work assigned
- What are the courses you have done and favourite course
- Explain all sorting algorithms and decide which one is better
- What projects have you done
- Languages used.
- Which was the most difficult task while doing your projects
- How do you implement a library of books in json data(which fields were needed and stuff like that)
- Why Microsoft & Do you think you are eligible for it
- Goals and things you would like to achieve in future
Overall, the experience was nice. And the interviewers were friendly.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above