Microsoft interview Experience | Set 50
- Given a large int array, sort it. The ints are in the range 1-10.
- In a 2-D array of 0’s and 1’s find the row with max 1’s, given that the array is sorted row wise.
- Find the maximum contiguous sum in an array. Had to write test cases as well.
- don’t remember
- On a screen, there are multiple rectangles drawn, when a user clicks on any point, find the smallest rectangle enclosing this point.
- Design poke feature in Facebook
- Implement file read operation asyncronously.
- there are N large log files in sorted by timestamp. Merge them.
- there are N large files containing operations sorted based on name to be done on an address book.
Address book is stored as name value pair in another file which is sorted based on name. Apply these operations and store in a new address file.
Had to write code and test cases for this.
R5 F2F (Hiring Manager)
- some discussion on foreground and background thread.
- What is common in 2 threads of the same process and what is the difference.
- how would you communicate between 2 processes.
- can we create connection between 2 processes similar to tcp connection.
- difference between tcp and udp.
- are packets lost in tcp if network is never lost.
- create a macro for reversing an int in terms of byte e.g. an int has 4 bytes numbered 1234 the macro should return 4321.
- in a 2-D array of chars, if a user selects any 4 boxes, check if these are continuous or not. continuous boxes are those which lie in 3×3 sub array surrounding the box.
- design auto complete feature.
Some other OS questions on threads only.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Hey geek! It’s time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!