I applied through an employee referral. The process took around 2 weeks. I was interviewed at Microsoft (Bangalore) in November 2017.
Mainly they wanted developers for redesigning their product outlook.com in ReactJs. News
Initially, I got a mail from HR and I replied back stating my availability. Later I had a talk with HR and scheduled for a telephonic interview.
- Reverse String in-place Link
- Flattening an array. Ex: Input : [[1, 2, 3], 4, [5, [6, 7]] Output: [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7]. I gave a recursive solution.
- Designing an image carousel. Link
I answered all of them, and then he said that interview is over. And I will be contacted further if selected. (I was surprised since I expected some more questions). Then just after around half an hour, I got a call from the HR, and she said that they want to continue with further rounds, and asked for my availability.
Round 2(Onsite at Bangalore):
There were around 15 other candidates for this round. They handed us a sheet and asked to write two codes in 1hr.
1. Expression Evaluation. Link
2. Write a code in HTML, CSS, JS to form two list selection. And the user can perform several operations on these like:
>> & <<(Move all from List1 A to List B ).
> & < (Move only selected items)
Up, Down to select the item
Also an Text Area and Add button below List A, to add rows to the list.
Writing these codes on paper was messy and I never expected this from Microsoft. Anyways around 10 people got selected for the next round.
He went through my CV and asked a question related to ECM(which I have been working on at my office). Then he asked me to write a code for reversing a Linked List. Link . He seemed fine with the code and asked me to wait outside.
I was happy till then. Had a sumptuous lunch at the MS office.But then HR called me up after sometime and said they can’t continue any further.I don’t know the exact reason for the rejection but had a great experience to interview with Microsoft.
- Microsoft Interview Experience for Software Developer
- Microsoft Interview experience for full time position of software engineer at Microsoft Ireland Research
- Microsoft Interview Experience (Full Time 2018 Washington DC - with 2.5 years of experience)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 169 (SDE 2 for 3.5 years experience)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 151 (SDE-2 3.5 years experience)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 37B
- Microsoft Interview experience | Set 106
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 75 (For SDE II)
- Microsoft IDC FTE Interview Experience
- Microsoft Interview Experience | SDE-II
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 57 (For SDE)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 69 (For SDE)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 135 (For SDE II)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 89 (For SDE-2)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 88 (For SDE-1)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.