Microsoft visited our campus. Before that, about a month ago they had conducted an online coding test. The interview consisted of 3 f2f rounds.
The test comprised of 3 coding questions. The questions were not same for everyone. I was the winner of Microsoft Code.Fun.Do so I was directly qualified for group fly round.
Question 1 – Connect every node to next right node. If any node is the rightmost node of that level, then connect it to leftmost node of next level.
Extra marks for constant space and test cases.
Similar to this:
Question 2 – Find pairs for given sum in a sorted singly linked list without extra space.
Extra marks for constant space.
Similar to this:
About my branch.
Basic OS concepts like PCB. What does it store?
Threads. Multithreading. Is there any entity which is different for every thread? What are those entities?
Two nodes of a BST are swapped, correct the BST
He asked for test cases. I gave 7-8 test cases. He was impressed by those test cases. Full code was expected.
He saw my branch and gave me a mathematical problem.
Delete n nodes after m nodes of a linked list
How is your college life? Will you miss it?
What do you want to do in future?
System Design : Given a Client-Server model, How will you handle a large number of requests coming?
We discussed this for 15 mins. I made few diagrams and told about scalability and concurrency. (involved both DBMS and OS) How we handle concurrency?
I told him about mutex and semaphore.
He seemed happy. Asked me if I had any questions. Explained about his work at Microsoft.
It took close to 2 hours for all three rounds. Straight after the 3rd round, HR took me to her room and with a huge smile said you are a very prominent candidate and you have made it.
- ServiceNow Interview Experience Oncampus
- UHG Interview Experience | OnCampus- 2019
- MathWorks Interview Experience (EDG, Oncampus)
- InfoEdge Interview Experience | OnCampus-2019
- Microsoft Interview experience for full time position of software engineer at Microsoft Ireland Research
- Microsoft Interview Experience (Full Time 2018 Washington DC - with 2.5 years of experience)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 151 (SDE-2 3.5 years experience)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 169 (SDE 2 for 3.5 years experience)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 131
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 64 (For SDE-2)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 135 (For SDE II)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 69 (For SDE)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 68 (For SDE)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 37B
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 45
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.