First Round consisted of 3 easy coding problems to be solved on an online platform (CoCubes) . The problems were fairly easy and didn’t require much thought . Extra marks were given for optimized solutions requiring less memory and time . Problems were as follows –
- Given 2 numbers m and n , find if the sum m+n has the same number of digits as n . If true then print m+n otherwise print n.
- Given a binary string(a string consisting only of 0s and 1s) find the length of the longest contiguous occurrence of 1s.
- Third question was to find length of longest AP in given set of numbers.
From those who qualified the online coding round – 14 people were selected for direct interview and 10 people were selected for an additional fly round . From those 10 , around 3-4 were selected for interviews.
The interviewer asked me to give a short introduction about myself and then based on my disciplinary electives ,
- He asked me to design a simple Information Retrieval system. Given a file containing various phrases , he asked me to provide an outline for building a query system such that it autocompletes the query the user is typing . He didn’t ask for any code , just for a basic outline of the functions that would be used and the data structures I thought would be implemented while building such a system.
Interviewer asked me two questions Algorithms – one was based on trees and DP and the other was a question on Depth First Search.
Interviewer asked a simple problem
This article is contributed by Shivang Dixit. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Microsoft Internship Interview Experience (Off-Campus)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | On-campus for internship
- Microsoft Interview Experience (On campus internship)
- Microsoft Internship Interview Experience (On-Campus)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 164 (On-Campus for Internship)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 168 (Off-Campus for Internship)
- Microsoft Interview experience | Set 178 (On-Campus Internship for IDC)
- Microsoft Interview experience | Set 107 (On-Campus for Internship)
- Microsoft Interview Experience (On-campus internship)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 60 (On-Campus for Internship)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience (On Campus Internship)
- Microsoft Interview experience | Set 97 (On-Campus for IT Internship)
- Microsoft Interview experience | Set 100 (On Campus for Internship on IDC and IT)
- Microsoft Interview experience | Set 96 (On-Campus Internship for IDC)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | (On-Campus for Internship)