Microsoft Interview Experience | Senior Software Engineer (4 Years Experienced)
I recently interviewed with MS Hyderabad for Core Services Engineering team.
Please find the questions asked below –
Round 1 –
- Two tables employee (contains name and Id) and employee details having work experience history (contains Id, fromYear, toYear) – find out all the employees who worked w/o career break.
- Java implementation for the same.
- From the same table list the name, fromYear, toYear for all employee.
- Dependency Injection.
- Design patterns.
Round 2 –
- PostOrder traversal of BST – iteratively.
- Given two very large files – first contains Id and name, another one contains Id and address – you need to create 3rd file which will contain id, name, and address. -First, ask the clarifying questions and then tell the approach.
Round 3 –
1.What is microservice? And a lot of discussion around microservice vs monolithic. Advantages and disadvantages of both the architectures.
2. Cloud design patterns.
3. A lot of discussion around performance and Performance Metrics of your service.
4. If you multiply a 4 digit number – abcd – by 4, it produces another number – dbca. Solve for a, b, c, d. These belong to [0-9]
And all are distinct.
Round 4 (Hiring Manager) – In this round, the whole discussion was around my current project, its scalability and security issues. Also some design principles like – types of caching and when to use which one, the difference between sql and nosql – were asked.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google and Microsoft Test Serieses.