Round 1: Online Coding Test
I was in my T.Y. B.Tech. (Sem 5), when Microsoft visited our campus for offering 2 months summer internship.
First Round was online coding test on CoCubes Platform. Difficulty level of questions were easy to medium. 3 Coding questions were to be solved. Questions Were
- A Number plate problem where only odd and even number plate vehicles can go out on a weekday. Given numbers of vehicle and schedule of odd/even on weekday, find maximum number of vehicles that can go out on a day.
- A problem based on BFS of Graph. Similar to Rotten Oranges Problem.
- Given a Singly Linked List, Reverse the linked list in place using O(1) space.
Some Other Questions were
- Reverse a Linked List in groups of size K
- Some traversal problem based on BST and graph.
Nearly 25 students passed this round.
Round 2: On Paper Coding Round
Groups were formed and each group was assigned a mentor. We were supposed to explain the approach of problems given to our mentor and code on paper. Questions Were :
- Check if a given Binary tree is a BST without using extra space.
- Finding second maximum element of the array.
- Find Depth of BST.
I found inorder traversal of the tree for first problem but no extra space was to be used. I reduced the space complexity to O(1) but time complexity was O(n). I found depth of BST using Recursion.
Nearly 15 students were selected for Face to Face interviews. I was one of them.
Round 3: Face to Face Interview – 1
Questions asked during my interview were :
- Write on paper code for Binary Search
- Implement a Queue data structure using Stack data structure.
- Write a code to heapify a array. It was basically a Heap Data Structure problem but I messed up here.
- Asked about Dynamic Programming and a question to find longest palindromic subsequence.
- ACID property of DBMS.
Only 5 people cleared this round and I was rejected after this.
- MathWorks Interview Experience (EDG, Oncampus)
- ServiceNow Interview Experience Oncampus
- UHG Interview Experience | OnCampus- 2019
- InfoEdge Interview Experience | OnCampus-2019
- Microsoft Internship Experience | Off-Campus Internship (Hyderabad)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 38 (For Internship)
- Microsoft interview Experience | Set 49 (For Internship)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 60 (On-Campus for Internship)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 63 (For Internship)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 65 (On-Campus for Internship IT and IDC)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 66 (On-Campus for Internship)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 67 (On-Campus for Internship)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 77 (For IDC Internship)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 79 (For Internship)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 80 (For Internship)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 81 (For Internship)
- Microsoft Interview experience | Set 94 (Internship)
- Microsoft Interview experience | Set 97 (On-Campus for IT Internship)
- Microsoft Interview experience | Set 96 (On-Campus Internship for IDC)
- Microsoft Interview experience | Set 100 (On Campus for Internship on IDC and IT)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.