Microsoft Interview Experience for SWE Intern (On-Campus)
Coding test (Platform: Mettl / Highly – Proctored):
Coding questions (1.5 hr):
- Fibonacci type question.
- Euler totient function (without using sieve).
- Mean/mode/ median of array.
All students had different questions.
Interviews (platform: Microsoft teams):
Round 1 (1 Hour Round):
- No Introduction (or anything).
- Find count of all palindromic substrings in a string.
- What are Positive and Negative Test cases?
- How do you check if your code is correct?
- Some authentication questions related to my project.
Round 2 (1 Hour Round):
- Given two string arrays of cities and states in a country, and given a target string, find if it is of the form of “valid city–valid state”.
(catch: if a city or state consists of two words (space separated), then in the target string that space can be replaced with a hyphen or can be space also. Both are valid configurations.)
Check how many permutations of the digits of an integer result in a palindromic integer.
Round 3 HR:
- Project Working?
- Challenges in the project?
- Major errors that were handled in the project?
- Latest technologies, how do you keep pace with them?
- Why Microsoft?