Microsoft Interview Experience | 4 Years Experienced
Online Coding Round:
- N factories are producing pollution. Given pollution amount in terms of integers. Count mini. no. of filters required to reduce total pollution by atleast half. One filter reduces pollution by half.
Solved using priority queue
- There are N cars, each having some of M features. A car feature list is given as binary string. for ex: 0000111, 0 means feature not supported.
Two cars are similar if their feature description differs by atmost one feature. for ex: 11001, 11000 are similar for every car, find count of similar cars.
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
Solved with XOR operator
Face to face interviews scheduled after 1 week
Coding Round: (~40 mins)
- Similar to problem: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/anagram-substring-search-search-permutations/
In my case, interviewer mentioned that freq. of characters is not considered for anagrams.
Ex: str1:aabb str2:aaaa it should return true
Coding and Design Round: 1 hr
- Given an image in form of 2-D pixels. Write module to rotate image clockwise and anticlockwise.
Also tell test cases for testing code
Design Round: 1 hr
- Design chess Game
- Design Gallery App for features like scrolling, opening image by clicking thumbnail
Hiring Manager Round: (~1 hr)
- Work done during professional experience and Technologies
- Why looking for change
- What kind of work you want to do
- What will you bring on the table if we hire you
- Given expression in infix notation. Evaluate that. for ex: 12*21 – 323/21 + 3
Solved using 2 stacks