Microsoft Interview Experience | 4.5 Years Experienced
Recently Got call from Microsoft. HR asked about my current work and experience and provided me update of the procedure for Microsoft Hiring. The process consist of 5 rounds(1 coding round, 3 technical discussions, 1 managerial discussion).
Coding Round:- This round consist of 2 questions on codility platform. Questions are of easy level, one is debug and for one you have to write code.
After this round, I got a call that there is one day process for Microsoft will happen, 4 rounds of interview on one day.
Round 1– This round consist of 2 questions
- I will be given a timeslot availability of calendar for 24 hours, random time slots will come, I have to write a API, that will book the slot if it is available and return -1 if slot is not available. API should look like:- int checkAvailability(int start, int end)
I have to check the overlapping conditions also, after a certain period of time, the data will be sent to another api, that will return available time slot in 24 hour time. One part of question was this:- https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/merging-intervals/. Define data type of time(this is the enhancement of previous question).
- Find all the nodes in a binary tree which are at k distance from leaves. https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/print-nodes-distance-k-leaf-node/
Round 2 – This round started with my discussion of projects(15 minutes discussion). After that we proceed to design a Notepad type of editor. This editor consists of following API:-
- a– Insert(Insert the word)
- b-delete(string word)
- c-copy(int pointer)
- d-paste(int pointer)
- e-undo( 10 operations allowed)
- f-redo(10 operations allowed)
Need to design the class diagram, compositon and funtionalities.
Round 3 -This round consists of technical discussion about the tech involved in my projects.
- Later on we moved to binary tree, he asked me to write down code for level order traversal, skew order traversal.
- After that he asked to reduce the space complexity. I had proceed to solve it and code it also. Please check link of question for reference. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/59582406/level-order-tree-traversal-without-using-additional-memory
Round 4 – This round was more of a behaviorial+ technical round. I was asked HR questions mostly and also 2 technical question to code.
- (maximum continuous sub array)https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/largest-sum-contiguous-subarray/
- print occurrence of duplicate element in reverse order. Input:- 1 2 3 3 2 1 4 4., output:- 4 1 2 3
Be confident and be active, don’t jump to solve the question, ask for more inputs from interviewer, ask valid questions. Be polite.
Practice a lot! All the best!