I recently got interviewed for a position in Microsoft, following is my interview experience.
Round 1 (Telephonic):
- Started with my introduction followed by my work in existing company.
- Given a circular doubly linked list, delete a given element. He was looking for all the corner cases
- Given an integer array find largest sum of elements which is continuous (kadane algorithm), Later asked to make code changes to find the array also. Also asked to give test cases for the same.
- Given a design of an application, comment/recommend the changes to be done
- Given two linked lists check if they intersect??
- Test cases to test an ATM
- Find least common ancestors of a binary tree ( I said I know this, he moved to next question)
- Check if one array is subset of other ( discussed different methods like hashing, sorting ), asked to write a sorting function also
- Design questions related to the team they were interviewing for.
Finally I got an offer from Microsoft, they are very pleased with my performance. All the interviewers are very friendly. Thanks a lot geeksforgeeks, with out your help this would not have been possible.
This article is compiled by Chandrakanth. Many Many congratulations to Chandrakanth for his selection. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.