Following is my experience of MS intern interview (location Hyderabad).
No. of Rounds: 3 rounds of PI
Microsoft short-listed candidates based on their Resume and there was no written test. Complete process included 3 interview rounds
Interview Round 1: Time 1 Hr. (Bing Team)
- Implement a stack having findMiddle operation as well, which returns middle element of stack on O(1) time.
- Given notes of different denominations ( 1,2,5,10) , WAP to find in how many ways can you make an amount ‘x’ ?
Interview Round 2: Time 1 Hr.. (Apex Team)
- Given an array of size n, having numbers from 1..n , with one number missing and one occurring twice. Find the 2 numbers
- Given a number having only one ‘1’ and all other ‘0’s in its binary representation, find position of bit which is ‘1’.
- Code for Iterative in-order Traversal of a tree.
- Questions from OS ( Physical Memory , Virtual Memory, Interrupts, message passing , etc.)
Interview Round 3: Time 15 Mins (Apex Team )
- Code to remove alternate duplicate characters from given string.
Similar Article :GeeksforGeeks Link
- Some HR like questions ( Why do you see yourself 5 yrs. down the line)
I was lucky, and got the intern!!
This article is compiled by Nitin Khandelwal. Many Many congratulations to Nitin for his selection. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
- Microsoft Interview experience for full time position of software engineer at Microsoft Ireland Research
- Microsoft Interview Interview Experience for Full Time
- Microsoft Interview | 17
- Microsoft Interview | 13
- Microsoft Interview | 14
- Microsoft Interview | Set 21
- Microsoft Interview | Set 37 (For SDE-1)
- Microsoft Interview | 12
- Microsoft Interview | Set 10
- Microsoft Interview | 16
- Microsoft Interview | 15
- Microsoft Interview | Set 22
- Microsoft Interview | Set 23
- Microsoft Interview | Set 27
- Microsoft Interview | Set 24