Recently i was interviewed for Build Team Engg. role in Microsoft hyderabad. I was selected.
I am really thankful to GeeksForGeeks site which gave me motivation and will to prepare for the company, with the help of material on the site only I got selected.
3 D.S questions
- Rotate an array by K.
- Reverse a link list. If you are able to reverse a link list than reverse the K node’s of link list.
- Find the pair of values in the array whose sum is equal to K.
First Round of interview –
Was asked to come up to an optimal solution for all the above three questions in the written.
Second Round –
Some general discussion about my projects and some curriculum subjects.
- Two numbers are stored in link list, need to add those two number.
I was also asked to write the test case which breaks the code.
- how does the telephone directory search of nokia phone works. If i give a name it should get me the contact number and vice versa.
Third round –
Some general discussion on the projects.
- I was asked how search of windows work and asked to give a good indexing scheme for that.
Fourth Round –
Some general HR question like 1. why this company? 2. Why leaving your old company?
- Given an array which contains a number in majority (i.e. A number occurs more than 50% times in the array) need to find it.
- Given an array which is rotated N times(N is unknown),I need to search a number in it.
In each and every question they were looking for an efficient solution and if I was getting stuck somewhere they were also giving hints.
This article is compiled by Love Gupta . Many Many congratulations to Love for his selection. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
- Microsoft Interview experience for full time position of software engineer at Microsoft Ireland Research
- Microsoft Interview Interview Experience for Full Time
- Microsoft Interview | Set 23
- Microsoft Interview | Set 22
- Microsoft Interview | Set 10
- Microsoft Interview | Set 21
- Microsoft Interview | Set 11
- Microsoft Interview | Set 24
- Microsoft Interview | Set 26
- Microsoft Interview | Set 27
- Microsoft Interview | 13
- Microsoft Interview | 15
- Microsoft Interview | 16
- Microsoft Interview | 18
- Microsoft Interview | Set 19