I got a chance to appear for the Microsoft internship program. It was an amazing experience. I think it may help to others so I’m going to share it with you.
First round: Online
First-round was online round on mettle. There were three coding questions. If you have completed all three questions then the possibility of getting an email for the next round is more than 80%. Luckily, I was one of them who get the next round mail. I also solved all three questions.
First question: Convert uppercase letter to lowercase letter. This question was a cakewalk for you even if you are a beginner in programming. So one line of code can get you 100 points. You can refer below link which is a similar kind of problem on Leetcode.
Second question: I don’t remember the exact question but it was something like find continuous element whose some is max. It can be solved by the sliding window.
Third question: This question was interesting as I also at the intermediate level at that time I find it too interesting. But anyway I solved that question. Question is that you are given a graph G .and all node of the graph are representing a person an edge representing a friendship between that two-person, Now your task is to find minimin disjoint group such that no any person has its friend in another group, means we need to make one group of all the friends and friends of that friend(mutual friend).
Here is a link which is not exact but similar kind of question on Leetcode https://leetcode.com/problems/friend-circles/
Second round: Online interview on Microsoft team
If you are in top performer in the first round then you will get mail after 15 days of the first round, with details of Microsoft team link and date and time to join it. I also get a link and all the other details. My interview was started at 10:00 am. The first interviewer ask me the question “Tell me about your self”.
I replied with my current educational status and hobby and academics details with coding as a priority. Then next he asked me about my project. I replied with some details as he wanted to know only the technology in which I developed my project. Next, he told me that let’s jump to the coding question.
Question is the same as in below link: https://leetcode.com/problems/number-of-islands/
The same question was given to me on whiteboard means he gave me a link to write code on that website. I gave my first approach with simple if-else but then I found some mistake in it so I told it to the recruiter and then give a solution with bfs. My interview long last for 45 minutes.
And then, at last, he asked me that do you have any questions? at that time I asked some common questions.
After second-round I got eliminated but some of able to clear it and the next round is an onsite interview with 2 face to face and one HR round. In all the round, they just ask a coding related stuff only.
So keep coding. Thank you!
- Microsoft Internship Experience | Off-Campus Internship (Hyderabad)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 38 (For Internship)
- Microsoft interview Experience | Set 49 (For Internship)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 60 (On-Campus for Internship)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 63 (For Internship)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 65 (On-Campus for Internship IT and IDC)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 66 (On-Campus for Internship)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 67 (On-Campus for Internship)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 77 (For IDC Internship)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 79 (For Internship)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 80 (For Internship)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 81 (For Internship)
- Microsoft Interview experience | Set 94 (Internship)
- Microsoft Interview experience | Set 97 (On-Campus for IT Internship)
- Microsoft Interview experience | Set 96 (On-Campus Internship for IDC)
- Microsoft Interview experience | Set 100 (On Campus for Internship on IDC and IT)
- Microsoft Interview experience | Set 107 (On-Campus for Internship)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 110 (Internship)
- Microsoft Interview Experience (On-Campus for Internship)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 148 (Internship IDC Pool Campus)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.