Microsoft gives an opportunity to all undergraduate and postgraduate students for 2 months summer internship program. Basic criteria to apply for Microsoft internship program was to have CGPA greater than 7.0, no pending backlogs and candidates should not have participated in Microsoft internship hiring process within the last one year.
Round 1(Online Round):
It was Online coding Round conducted in mettl.com on January 6th, 2019. Everyone got 3 different question which needs to be solved in 90 minutes. Level of questions was easy-easy-medium. Each question contains corner test cases and also test cases with small and large inputs.
Those who solved all three questions completely (passing all test cases)were called for Onsite Interview at VIT-Chennai.
Round 2(Group Fly):
It was a pen-paper Round and from here each round is an elimination round. Do write clean and correct codes, with appropriate names for variables and proper indentation. The paper contains two sections 2 subjective questions and 2 objective questions. For subjective questions, we were asked to write test cases also.
2.https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/run-length-encoding/(without any extra memory)
1. Given a code we have to identify the output of the given code. The question I got was Minimum-edit-distance.
2. Find the error in the code. The code was adding two LinkedList.
Around 20 were shortlisted to next round out of 120 students.
Round 3(1 hr 15 min):
From now it is a technical round where each person is assigned, one mentor. After Introduction, I was asked to write code in a paper for a given question. The way we approach a problem and communication of our thought process makes a difference. Finally, they need is a proper algorithm for a given problem. I was given two questions,
2. Nested conditional statement and I wrote a recursive solution and interviewer traced my code.
Round 4(1 hr):
The first interviewer asked me to find a cycle in a graph and I gave dfs approach for the problem and he told to solve a problem without using extra space(visited array) and after seeing my resume he asked gave me problem based on my project (i.e) to find the word from a paragraph. I gave a trie-based approach and he told to write a function for insertion of a word and searching a word on paper. Both logical and syntactical errors were identified and he told to correct it.
Round 5 (30 min):
This was very easy round for me and solved the problem very quickly. The problem was given a wall which contains two kinds of bricks porous (water passes through given brick) and opaque( water passes doesnot passes through given brick). Given a matrix filled with p and o, find water passes to the ground if poured from the top. I discussed a dfs approach and he told to write code on paper. After that he told my Interview is over and the result will be announced through mail after a week.
Finally the way we approach and solve a problem is important. GeeksforGeeks is the best place to practice for interviews.
- Microsoft Internship Experience | Off-Campus Internship (Hyderabad)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 38 (For Internship)
- Microsoft interview Experience | Set 49 (For Internship)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 60 (On-Campus for Internship)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 63 (For Internship)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 65 (On-Campus for Internship IT and IDC)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 66 (On-Campus for Internship)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 67 (On-Campus for Internship)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 77 (For IDC Internship)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 79 (For Internship)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 80 (For Internship)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 81 (For Internship)
- Microsoft Interview experience | Set 94 (Internship)
- Microsoft Interview experience | Set 97 (On-Campus for IT Internship)
- Microsoft Interview experience | Set 96 (On-Campus Internship for IDC)
- Microsoft Interview experience | Set 100 (On Campus for Internship on IDC and IT)
- Microsoft Interview experience | Set 107 (On-Campus for Internship)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 110 (Internship)
- Microsoft Interview Experience (On-Campus for Internship)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 148 (Internship IDC Pool Campus)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.